Last Updated February 26, 2024 Last Updated February 21, 2024 by Brian Aquino
Basketball athletes with wide toes (like me) know how difficult it is to find the best basketball shoes for wide feet without compromising on comfort and performance. Most of the performance shoes run a bit narrow for a tight fit. However, these shoes do not fit perfectly and feel uncomfortable to wide footers. True to size and comfort plays a vital role in a basketball player’s performance.
Some big-foot athletes indeed purchase half a size bigger to find the right width. But, that strikes the balance resulting in losing confidence in the court and causing injuries. Therefore, you need the perfect fit wide basketball shoes for excellent performance and preventing yourself from injuries. I have explained the details of the highest-rated basketball shoes with wide toe boxes after testing them in multiple games.
Buying to present to a basketball player? Check amazing Basketball Gift ideas for athletes.
Table of Content
- Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet – Wide Toe Box Sneakers
- Important Features of Wide Basketball Shoes
- Final Verdict
Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet – Wide Toe Box Sneakers
Here is a list of the best basketball shoes for wide feet in 2024. These basketball sneakers have extra wide toe box for perfect fit and prevent toes from hurting.
|Wide Toe Basketball Shoes
|Jordan Nike Air XXXV DNA
|Jordans For Wide Feet
|Under Armour Men's Embiid 1 Basketball Shoe
|Best Basketball Shoes for Maximum Grip
|Jordan Why Not Zer0.2 SE
|Extra Wide Basketball Shoes
|Under Armour Embiid 1
|Wide Toe Box Shoes
|Nike Zoom Freak 1
|Nike Wide Basketball Shoes
|Under Armour Unisex-Adult Lockdown 5 Basketball Shoe
|Multi-Purpose Basketball Shoes That Are Worth the Price
|Nike Kyrie 6
|Widest Nike Basketball Shoes
|Cheap Wide Sneakers
Air Jordan 35 is a true-to-size basketball shoe with extra room in the toe area, excellent performance and great grip. The shoe is especially designed for indoors and offers solid power for instant stop and start on hardwood courts. Along with having enough room for wide toes, this pair fits perfectly and locks the feet down nicely. Also, these lightweight shoes provide great comfort and Zoom Air cushioning for impactful responsiveness.
Johnathan (Outdoorballpro team-member) always found it difficult to find the right fitting pair. He used to say, “It’s a curse to have wide feet.”. However, he was quite comfortable on the court while testing Jordan 35 DNA.
- Springy and responsive Zoom Air cushioning beneath the forefoot and heel
- A large forefoot toe box provides enough space for bigfoot to fit true to size
- Stitched wire cables on the sides curved plates to completely lock down the foot
- Maximum side to side stability due to sculpted Eclipse plate 2.0
- Hollowed outsole to reduce the weight
- Rubber outsole with solid herringbone traction pattern, good for immediate stop, start and changing directions rapidly
- Soft mesh tongue with bumped out collar offers great comfort to the feet
Read a complete guide on how to clean basketball shoes.
The Under Armour Men's Embiid 1 Basketball Shoe is designed to help you perform at your best on the court. It features a lightweight textile upper with open-hole mesh for ultimate breathability, a TPU wing that provides superior midfoot lockdown & enhanced lateral stability, and a rubber outsole with a designed traction pattern for lateral movements & maximum grip.
- A wide toe box, allowing maximum comfort and room for wearers with wider feet
- It also ensures a secure fit and prevents friction, making it perfect for long basketball sessions
- Solid ankle support keeps the foot steady and provides extra stability when playing basketball
- The bottom of the shoe has a deep grip pattern that helps keep your feet from slipping or skidding while driving or chasing on defense
- They are designed to be durable enough to last through numerous games over time
- The interior of this shoe is generously padded with cushioning, providing maximum comfort no matter how active you are on the court
- Its vibrant color pattern resembles a Japanese sleeve tattoo of a samurai or magic golden carp
Enjoy the remodeled Russell Westbrook as the modernized Jordan Why Not Zer0.2 SE. The extra-wide toe box offers significant space to fit a bigfoot. These shoes are light in weight and suitable for jumping high. Despite of the full-air unit, the Jordan team improved the support and ensures foot stability. Even though this pair has extra room in the toe box, it still fits true to size and leaves no space for feet to move inside.
- Synthetic deconstructed upper provides lightweight comfort
- Clear saddle at the midfoot offers proper containment
- Powerful Zoom Air Unit under the forefoot to minimize the jumping impact
- Rubber outsole with circular cut-way traction patterns for maximum court grip
- Manufactured with flexible material and lacing system ensures true to size fit
- Ideal cut soft padded mesh breathable tongue
The very first Joel Embiid’s signature shoes are designed to cater to huge feet like Joel’s. The shoes are manufactured solid all-around to provide optimum support to big feet players. The thick sole keeps up the weight of the player and lockdown wings provide a lockdown fit.
The reason to add this pair to the list of best wide basketball shoes is that we experienced comfort and a solid locked-in feel on both courts - indoor and outdoor. We did not find any foot-swelling or toe redness after hours of play.
- Perfect lockdown feel from toe to heel, solid all around
- Nice midfoot containment even while moving sharp sideways due to flexible front
- Thick wide base with rounded edges along with side-wings provide maximum stability
- Lightweight perforated mesh upper to increase breathability and comfort
- Super comfortable due to HOVR heel and full length Micro G cushioning
- Rubber outsole with new style traction pattern for maximum grip and sideways movements
Read detailed features of the Best Outdoor Basketball Shoes.
The first signature shoes for a big basketball player - Giannis Antetokounmpo are manufactured with very comfortable material. Having enough space at the toe box, these shoes have a premium fit for wide feet. The internal containment system at the toe box keeps the foot stable and perfectly contained.
- The shoe has Double Zoom Air units that provide extra cushioning under the heel for a hard landing
- Proper locked-down fit and responsive cushioning make the shoe the perfect choice for the court
- Multidirectional traction pattern for solid court grip helps with abrupt stop and start
- The outsole is designed with a combination of solid and translucent rubber
- Shoe lacing system with internal loops and padded collar locks the foot in completely
The Under Armour Lockdown 5 Basketball Shoe is perfect for athletes who demand the best performance. The external heel counter provides additional support and lockdown, while the Charged Cushioning midsole ensures you stay comfortable throughout your game. The multidirectional traction pattern on the outsole gives you an excellent grip on the court. So get out there and show everyone what you can do!
- An EVA midsole with an Ortholite sockliner for cushioning and comfort that lasts
- A sturdy rubber sole keeps you stable and provides excellent traction on any surface, indoors or outdoors
- It helps keep your feet feeling light and agile when making quick cuts and drives to the basket
- Allows air to flow freely around your feet while keeping them cool during intense bouts of play
- Provide plenty of support for your feet thanks to an internal heel counter for stability
- A supportive frame for lateral movement control
Designed for Kyrie Irving, this pair of shoes has become very popular among wide feet basketball players. Indeed, it is one of the most reliable shoes for basketball shifty guards move. Along with providing comfort, Kyrie 6 makes you able to possess optimum control in the court. The mid-top design with a padded collar and heel cup keeps the feet align and locked in.
- Comfortable refined materials, a combination of tumbled leather and engineered mesh
- Additional strap over the lacing system for proper locked-in
- Forefeet cushioning is lightweight and provide great support for hard landings
- Zoom Air Turbo unit under the forefeet designed to deliver multidirectional responsiveness
- Rubber outsole with all-directional traction pattern, deep to deliver optimum court grip
- Flat sole and heel counter ensures that the foot stays on the foot-bed while quick cross overs
This Adidas pair is relatively cheaper than other wide basketball shoes and runs true to size. Most of the retailers advise purchasing your size even if you have big toe feet. Designed with mixed material, these shoes are durable and supportive on hardwood courts. So, if you are looking for budget-wide basketball shoes, we recommend going for the Adidas Ownthegame.
- The lace-up system provides a locked-in secure fit, runs true to size
- Manufactured with mixed material: synthetic perforated leather and perforated mesh
- Durable Adiwear rubber outsole with zigzag traction pattern, perfect for any surface
- Comfortable support due to supportive cloudfoam midsole
- Midtop with low-cut mesh tongue along with padded collar provides soft enclosed locked-in
Check out our selection of the Best Cheap Basketball Shoes.
Important Features of Wide Basketball Shoes
Purchasing a basketball shoe for wide feet is challenging. Most of the time we just buy half a size bigger just to fit in big feet, but that does not feel comfortable. We listed the above mentioned wide basketball shoes after testing them on various factors, listed below;
- True to size fit
- Containment and enclosure
- Stretchy upper
- Wide outsole
If you haven’t found your desired shoe and still looking out there, we recommend considering these factors before making a final decision. All these features play important role in the performance because the wide shoes will have chances to throw out the balance.
Let's have a look at some factors in detail;
It’s rare to get the right fit when buying wide basketball shoes. You’ll find yourself uncomfortable and in serious pain throughout the game if they're too tight. On the other hand, if they're too loose, you run the risk of tripping and risking an injury. It's best to try on a few pairs of shoes and select the size that fits you best.
It is important to find a shoe that does not run too narrow or long. A skilled fitter at a store will be able to ascertain this by taking the necessary measurements. A common recommendation is that you should get one size bigger to find the extra toe box to fit wide feet in the shoes.
The amount of support a shoe offers can be another important factor when considering wide shoes. While some may have the capability to expand, this doesn't mean they provide adequate support for those with foot problems. In fact, buying a shoe without any additional support features may only cause pain.
Be sure that a wide shoe provides enough stability and support for your ankles and feet, as these are crucial features of the shoe. A quality pair will prevent ankle injuries from occurring due to motion control or heel support technology.
While some basketball players need more foot movement for quick, agile play, others may need more stability depending on the shoe's design. It's important to know what type of support your foot needs before buying shoes.
The inner padding of a shoe can play an important role in how supportive it is for someone with wide feet. If the padding is too short, it may not provide adequate protection from blisters or other foot problems. Furthermore, lack of padding may allow for more foot movement which could worsen pain and discomfort.
Larger shoes are not always better when it comes to padding. Instead, the inner lining of a shoe should be considered. Some manufacturers may make shoes with more padding on the heel and toe because their research has shown that this is where players need it most.
Breathability is a crucial factor that should be considered. While some shoes may appear wide, they can actually trap heat and cause pain and discomfort just like a too-narrow shoe would. This layer of trapped heat and moisture between the lining of the foot and the inside of the shoe can make anyone's feet smell bad after continuous use.
Therefore, wide feet basketball shoes should be breathable and accommodate ventilation to keep the comfort at maximum level.
You are going to play on indoor and outdoor courts, both courts have different environmental conditions. Indoor courts can be slippery while the outdoor courts are dusty and full of dirt. The outsole should be durable enough to withstand all court conditions and provide good traction.
Top Rated Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet Players
Indeed there are many good basketball shoes for wide feet and you won’t regret purchasing any of the above. We have tested multiple shoes on indoor and outdoor courts and found these pairs of highest performers. Having a big toe box and without compromising on the balance, cushioning and traction, these shoes fit perfectly to wide feet.
Our most recommended wide basketball shoes are Jordan Nike Air XXXV DNA, large toe box and maximum side-to-side stability make it our top-rated pair.
The second most favorite is Under Armour Embiid 1, mid-range wide sneakers with extra width to fit wide toe. These shoes have super comfortable cushioning and flexible midfoot containment.
If you are low on budget and still want to fit your big foot in the shoe, you will never go wrong with Adidas Ownthegame. This pair is available at a budget price, stylish and durable.
Frequently Asked Questions: (FAQs)
What basketball shoes are good for wide feet?
Jordan Nike Air XXXV DNA is good shoes for wide feet. A list of the top rated wide basketball shoes is below;
- Jordan Nike Air XXXV DNA – Jordans For Wide Feet
- Nike LeBron 18 – Best Cushioning Wide Basketball Shoes
- Jordan Why Not Zer0.2 SE – Extra Wide Basketball Shoes
- Under Armour Embiid 1 – Wide Toe Box Shoes
- Nike Zoom Freak 1 – Nike Wide Basketball Shoes
- Nike LeBron Soldier XIII SFG – Wide High Top Basketball Shoes
- Nike Kyrie 6 – Widest Nike Basketball Shoes
- adidas Ownthegame – Cheap Wide Sneakers
Is Kyrie 6 good for wide feet?
Kyrie 6 runs true to size and good for wide feet. This pair is especially designed for proper enclosure while shifty guards and quick moves. You will not find your feet moving inside, have enough room for wide toes and a lace-up system along with a strap over the laces to provide a locked-in feel.
What shoes brands are best for wide feet?
Nike is the best brand that manufactures shoes for wide feet. The popular brands of Nike are Jordan, LeBron, Kyrie, etc. Adidas and Under Armour also cater for wide toe basketball shoes.
Is Lebron 18 good for wide feet?
LeBron 18 are good shoes for wide feet. Great performance shoes with exceptional cushioning. Extra-wide toe box to accommodate big food. Tunnel through laces properly contain feet and mesh stretchy material makes it suitable for wide feet.